Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

There's The Fancy Way to do it or the Wandafay Way - Housekeeping Tips and Inspiration for The Kitchen

 Around the kitchen depending on what kind of mess you're dealing with on the counters, sink and stove I like to use a clean cloth and Clorox "Clean-up" with bleach, Windex, and Ajax for the sink.  The "Clean-up with bleach smells really good and you can dilute it because you don't need it as strong as they make it.  Plus by diluting it you will make it last longer and make it stretch.  It has the bleach in it so it will be just as disinfecting strong and/or diluted.  

As a professional housekeeper leaving the kitchen really nice is...really...nice LOL. There are just a few basics you can do that does not involve deep cleaning for now but when the client comes home I KNOW they are blessed, comforted and happy coming home to not only a clean home but a clean kitchen. 

Now I know for all the women out there you may not feel like you really want some other woman telling you how to clean your own home and kitchen so I just want to remind you this is for inspirational purposes mostly! I am sure you are a great housekeeper of your own home! 

So...take the clean cloth (I know this may also all be elementary Watson but just hang with me okay will ya Hehe). Rinse the cloth with clean warm water. If the counters are generally already clean that's great but they aren't your clean. Take the "Clean-up" with bleach and give the cloth a gentle spray. CAUTION: this has bleach in it...duh...so please be careful you don't get the spray on anything but the cloth. Begin to wipe the counters down and move what you can on the counter so you can clean UNDER things. My clients always liked the way I did this. If there was a crumb from the toaster on the counter I got it! Get the corners of the counters well and the edges too!. Now don't just leave it like that! Take another dry clean cloth....or paper towel and either use a LITTLE Windex or use just plain and wipe the counters dry getting every single thing that has been stuck to the counter OFF. 

Okay....this is just the start of cleaning the kitchen. I'll be back for more on cleaning the kitchen on another post but I want you to enjoy the link below on the article how the "Pros" do it! Enjoy and thanks for tuning in! Don't forget to come back now ya'all!